Saturday, February 3, 2018

Review: The Epic Fail of Arturo Zamora

The Epic Fail of Arturo Zamora
Arturo can't wait for summer - until a business developer moves into town and threatens to ruin everything.

He's working at his family restaurant a few days a week; he's proud of the restaurant. And he's proud of his family.

The new developer wants to create a mega apartment building, complete with shops, entertainment, and restaurants. He cares nothing about the small family business.

When Arturo learns that the restaurant is in serious trouble, he becomes determined to save it.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this one. I loved Arturo's big family and how they argued, laughed, and loved. I loved all the talk about food and the restaurant bits. I loved how his family and friends tried to save the restaurant - from the protests to the town meeting. I really loved his grandmother. Lots of family, friendship, and food mixed together for one enticing read.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My library
Read for the Cybils Middle Grade Award
Library Recommendation: Grab this one for your school and public library

No comments: