Thursday, February 1, 2018

Movie Matinee: The Post

See the source image
The Washington Post was a family run paper, looking to make a bigger name for itself. When Katharine Graham's father died, he left the paper to her husband. She only took over when he committed suicide. It wasn't supposed to be forever - or even a significant amount of time. But then the New York Times ran an expose on the cover-up about the Vietnam War. And everything changed. They had choices to make...
My Thoughts:
I really like the movie.
It was a slow start, but picked up at the end
I loved the newspaper mechanics part
The acting was wonderful, what else would you expect?
I loved learning more about this era
I really liked the powerful part at the end.
The idea of friendship and newspapers was very interesting.
And of course the ending was funny.

I admit I was a little disappointed that it wasn't more of a feminist movie, that the determination of Katharine came only at the end. But it does make me want to read more about her, because I suspect there is more to the story.

No comments: