Monday, July 17, 2017

Review: Once and For All

Louna's mom owns a wedding planning business with her best friend. Louna's seen it all - couples that won't last, couples that argue over the silliest things, and couples that just might stand a chance. Combined with that knowledge and the fact that Louna's first love ended in tragedy, she's not sure she believes in love.

When the annoying brother of a bride Ambrose worms his way into the planning business, Louna isn't thrilled. Ambrose, a serial dater, flirts with everyone.

The two of them come up with a bet. Louna needs to go on lots of first dates, but only first dates while Ambrose needs to date only one girl for seven weeks. Both of them think it will be easy - but both are wrong.
My Thoughts: I adore Sarah Dessen books and this one was amazingly good. I love few easter eggs I saw and I'm sure there are more that I missed. I liked the banter between Ambrose and Louna. I loved William and the dog. Both of them added humor to the story. I liked learning more about Louna's first great love and how that changed her. I loved the terrible first dates. I loved the writing, there were many spots where I went back to re-read the sentences because they packed a punch both in sentiment and in craft. Another winner from Sarah Dessen.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Fun Fact: My boss got me a signed copy at ALA!
Library Recommendation: Buy this one for all libraries. It's a must have. 

No comments: