Monday, March 6, 2017

Children's Book Review: Cupcake Cousins

Willow and Delia can't wait until their family vacation this summer!  Their aunt will be getting married. Right now they're stuck wearing hideous dresses as flower girls, but they hope to be allowed to make the wedding cake.

But when they arrives, they find a chef already installed in the kitchen. To make matters worse, every time they try to help, things become a disaster. But when an emergency strikes, can they help save the day?
My Thoughts: I really liked this book and I'm eager to read more in this series. I loved the cousins being together. I loved the busy house with all the people coming together. I wasn't crazy about the two girls getting into trouble every time something went wrong - it wasn't always their fault, but I can see how it was needed. I loved the animals, especially the dog. As a younger sister, I remember those days where the older ones knew more, so I'm glad to see the younger ones take control. A fun read with great illustrations and girls with big hearts.

Cover Thoughts: Really cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendations: Great for your children's department for both public and school libraries.

No comments: