Thursday, January 26, 2017

Adult Review: Lady Claire is All That

 * Book 3 in the Keeping up with the Cavendishes
Lady Claire's reasons for agreeing to travel to England because of her brother's dukedom have nothing to do with wanting to help him and everything to do with meeting the Duke of Ashbrooke. She wanted to discuss his mathematical papers, especially those concerning the difference engine. She has some ideas on improving it. But her intelligence has caught the eye of another.

Two friends decide to make a wager on Lady Claire's future. But the more time Lord Fox spends with her, the more he can't stop thinking about her. Could her brains compliment his beauty perfectly?
My Thoughts: I adored Lady Claire. I loved watching her navigate through ballrooms, refusing the dance, and understanding that she was more intelligent that the majority of the people there. I loved  watching her play cards and counting them. I love how she didn't hide her intelligence. I love how she went to mathematical meetings and asked a boatload of questions. But I also like how her dealing with Lord Fox made her understand people just a little bit more. I thought Fox was an idiot for the wager, especially the prize. I felt terrible for him for his childhood. I love how he came to admire Lady Claire's intelligence, realizing all the blunders he made along the way. I can't wait to  read the next book in the series.

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A perfect series for all public libraries!

No comments: