Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Picture Book Review: Dear Dragon

George and Blaise are assigned pen pals in school. At first, neither of them is excited about the project, but as they write to each other and learn more about each other, they begin to enjoy writing. Could this assignment lead to friendship?

My Thoughts: I adored this book. I love how George (human) and Blaise (dragon) made assumptions about the other while reading their letters. I love how the letters start off as school assignments but grow into friendship and the desire to write after the assignment ends. I love it when they meet for the first time. The illustrations are charming. A fantastic book from one of my favorite authors that I can't wait to share!

Cover Thoughts: Adorable!
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended for all public and school libraries
Storytime Use:  Dragons, penpals, or letters.

No comments: