Saturday, October 1, 2016

Mysterious Saturday Review: Grace Sees Red

 * Book 7 in the Manor House series *
Grace's day changes the minute her assistant Frances calls her asking for help. Grace doesn't know much about Frances outside the office, but she drops everything to help.

Frances's ex husband lives in an upscale assisted living complex. One of his roommates has died. The police think it very likely that he's been murdered. Frances is their key suspect.

Grace starts investigating herself, hoping to clear her assistant's name. She knows Frances wouldn't kill anyone, even if she was arguing with the person just before he died.  But will the police listen to her?
My Thoughts: I really adore these books. I liked learning more about Frances and her life outside of work. I was impressed with her. I felt terrible for Bruce and Scott and the future of their business. I liked how this book took place in an alternative location - with a different police force. Although, I enjoyed the cameos by the police force and the medical examiner. Plus, I love learning more about Bennett and the mansion. The cast of familiar characters makes me feels as though as I'm catching up with old friends. While the new characters intrigue me and make me curious about them. I'm eagerly awaiting the next book in the series.

Cover Thoughts: Charming - but it doesn't match the book
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommend this series to public libraries for their cozy collection.

No comments: