Thursday, September 8, 2016

Review: Defending Taylor

 * A Hundred Oaks novel *
Taylor had it all, until one little lie tore her life apart. Now, she's enrolled in public school, playing for a soccer team who doesn't want her help, friendless, and her parents are annoyed at her actions. So long perfect life.

Now, she's struggling to be noticed by her family and struggling with her relationships. Her old friends have no time for her and she's not making any new friends at the school.

But an old friend is hanging around town - an old friend that Taylor used to crush over. He too has chosen a different path than the one set before him. He too is a disappointment to his family. The more time Taylor spends with Ezra, the more she wants a different life.
My Thoughts: So first off, I Loved this book. I love returning to Hundred Oaks and seeing old characters. I really liked the political aspect of the book. I really liked how Taylor's life shattered and wasn't perfect anymore, inspiring her to find out what she wanted from life vs what was expected from her. I loved her moments with Ezra. I enjoyed her moments on the soccer team - both the snappy comebacks and how she helped other players. I felt bad for her - for the lie she told that changed her life, for her parents' anger at her, and for the way the press ate her up. But I like how she didn't deny everything after she found out the consequences. Another wonderful book from Miranda Kenneally that I couldn't stop reading.

Cover Thoughts: Cute!
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Highly Recommended for all YA sections.

No comments: