Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Harry Potter Love in the Library

I've talked about my love for Harry Potter a few times on the blog already.  Here's probably the biggest post: Dear Mr. Potter.

But I'm also excited because of all the new Harry Potter announcements - the new movie, the play, and the new book. It's giving libraries a chance to host Potter events again.

Tonight my library is hosting a Harry Potter Birthday Bash. We have an awesome Platform 9 and 3/4 built for taking photos. We have a wizard rocker. We having cake and butterbeer. And a coloring station. And my co-worker reconfigured the game Are you a Werewolf into Are you a Death Eater.

This is our blueprint for the platform. We had a whole team of people working on it. And it looks awesome!
http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/Harry-Potter-Platform-9-3-4-kings-cross.jpg
And she came up with a plan for us to celebrate Harry Potter all year round at the library (more on that later). We do have an awesome event coming up in November right before the movie release with Draco and the Malfoys. It's going to be another EPIC event.

All week long, we've posted a flyer about our birthday bash in the Children's Room. And it's gotten lots of comments. Some wonder what we're doing, some express their love for Harry Potter, and some are so excited to come.

I love that Harry Potter is making the rounds still (and I suspect the books will for years to come), but it's great to have everyone talking about my favorite wizards again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gooooosh! This is so cool! I would have loved it had the library I visited when I was a kiddo had Harry Potter themed events. (Heck, if I had a kid now, I would be dragging them to the library just so I could somehow participate).