Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Revisit Childhood Characters as Adults

This week's topic is characters we'd like to revisit in new books as adults - check in on them and see how they are doing.

meme from The Broke and the Bookish 

So I might have said Princess Mia, but that's book came out already! As did Suze's book!

So characters I would like to read about as adults:

Harry and Ginny / Ron and Hermoine is the most obvious choice

Going backwards, I would love a YA book about Professor McGonagall 

Macy and hopefully Wes
The Truth About Forever

Richard Castle as a teen
Naked Heat (Nikki Heat, #2)

Mary Quinn as an adult
A Spy in the House (The Agency, #1)

The Babysitter's Club gang
Baby-Sitters' Summer Vacation (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #2)

Kat and Hale as adults 
Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)

Robert Langdon as a teen
The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2)

The twins: Emma and Payton as adults
Trading Faces (Trading Faces, #1)

Enola Holmes as an adult 
The Case of the Missing Marquess (Enola Holmes Mysteries, #1)

8 comments:

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

I really like your idea of wanting to see adults as teens (I bet Mcgonagall was a kick ass teen)!

My TTT

Maggie said...

ADORE the Babysitters Club! I picked Claudia! Happy Tuesday! :D

Unknown said...

Yes! A series on McGonagall would be amazing!! I posted similarly for Frodo from LOTR. Their childhoods would be so magical!


Vivacious Reads

Adventures with a Book Nerd said...

Professor McGonagall would be really interesting! I never would have thought of her. It would be really interesting to see her twenty years in the past. I personally think that it would be really cool to see her attend Hogwarts, and how she got to where she was in the books. Great list!

~Anna @Adventures with a Book Nerd

iloveheartlandX said...

I had Kat and Hale (and their whole crew) as adults on my list, as well as Ron, Harry and Hermione. I never thought of a YA book about Professor McGonagall but if that was a real thing, I would so read it!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/05/03/top-ten-tuesday-55/

He Said Books Or Me said...

I had the BSC on my list too! Great choice :) I wish we could find out more! Happy Reading!

Got My Book said...

Enola has lived such an adult life since the beginning that it would be interesting to explore the differences in her life once she actually IS an adult. It would also be interesting to see if she could find a husband who would respect her as a strong individual.

My TTT: http://gotmybook.booklikes.com/post/1396944/musings-ttt-2016may03

Kailana said...

I hope if they ever revamp BSC they are not so formulaic... I used to skip the first chapter or so. lol