Thursday, May 12, 2016

Graphic Novel Review: Smile


Raina wants to be normal, but it's hard to imagine after falling on the ground and knocking out her front teeth. She feels terrible and hates the way she looks. Plus she has tons of dental reconstruction to get through.

Add in friends who aren't so nice and the awkward times of middle school. It's no wonder Raina doesn't have much to smile about these days.
My Thoughts: A great story - but a little hard to read at times. I didn't have it that bad, but I had several years of braces, retainers, and headgear. My heart went out to Raina. She struggled hard through the middle school years, but I love how she found herself a better group of friends and started to branch out.

Cover Thoughts: Perfect
 Source: My Library

Final Thoughts: I'm a little behind the times on reading this book, but it was worth the wait. Super great graphic novel.

No comments: