Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Tween Tuesday Review: Moving Target

Cassie is in Rome with her father. One day, he pulls her out of school with no explanation. Then they are attacked and her father is severely injured. He's holding on to a deadly secret.

He tells her the name of one person she can trust.

Instead, she goes to her best friend. They find her there, so she turns towards her father's friend where she finally uncovers answers.

Ancient blood runs through her veins that allows her to wield the Spear of Destiny. This weapon has the power to change the future. The spear has been lost - until Cassie uncovers it. Now two secret organizations want both the power and Cassie.

Cassie doesn't trust either of them - but can she survive on her own with help from her friends?
My Thoughts:
I enjoyed this book. It grabbed me from the very beginning. I loved the action and the danger. I loved Cassie turning to her friend and a new friend Asher. I love how together they searched for the clues. I found the two societies a little confusing and I didn't understand how they were different and what they stood for. I hope to get more of a sense in the next book. I loved the two twists at the end.

Cover Thoughts: Cool
Source: My Library
Final Thoughts: Christina Diaz Gonzalez created a Da Vinci Code for Tweens with lots of action and danger keeping your turning the pages quickly. I'm eager to read more of Cassie's story.

No comments: