Thursday, November 19, 2015

Christmas Book Review: Snow Angel Cove


 * first in a series *
Eliza's having a bad day. She just packed up her life and moved to Haven Point with her child for a job. Upon arriving at her new job, she finds that a fire broke out there this morning, devastating the inn. Of course that means she's out of a job - just weeks before Christmas.

Trying to figure out her next move over some food, the mother and daughter head into town. Their bad luck follows them and they're in a small car accident. Nothing serious - but a few bumps and bruises. Eliza's not sure what to do next.

Aidan just purchased land in town and he's headed to his new home a few weeks before the holidays. His car his a patch of ice and he couldn't stop no matter how hard he tried. Feeling terrible, he offers his home to Eliza and Maddie - just until she can figure out her next move.

Maddie falls in the love with Aidan's house and longs to spend Christmas there. Her mother can't wait to leave it. Aidan offers her a temporary job and she knows that she can't pass up the opportunity. Could there be another reason to stay?
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this Christmas story. I felt horrible for Eliza - for all the troubles in her life, but I also thought she was a strong person. She's didn't let her troubles overcome her.

I loved Maddie - she was sweet, carefree, and wise behind her years.

Aidan had his own troubles too. I really liked his large boisterous family and I perfectly understand his need to escape that at times for some quiet time.

I liked the romance. Although it was sudden, everything seems magical around the holidays.

I really liked the townspeople and I'm eager to see where the next few books lead.

Cover Thoughts: Perfection. I want to live there.
Source: A gift

Final Thoughts: A wonderful romance for the holiday season - definitely judge this book by the cover. Curl up with a cup of hot chocolate in front of the fire with it. I'm already looking forward to the second book in the series

No comments: