Monday, November 16, 2015

Adult Review: The Rogue You Know

* Book 2 in the Covent Garden Cubs series *
Susanna's spent her life under her mother's thumb. Now with her new sister-in-law, she's looking for an adventure - just one before she gets married and has someone else controlling her life. She never dreamed her adventure would come so soon.

In the library, trying to find a book, a thief steals into the room. Susanna gets the better of him and commandeers the stolen necklace. Then she proposes a trade - she will give him back the necklace only after he takes her to Vauxhall Gardens.

The necklace is Gideon's ticket away from the life he leads. He has no choice but to take the trade. Unfortunately, nothing goes their way from the moment they leave the house. Will Susanna's adventure be the ruin of her?
My Thoughts:
I love Shana Galen's books -they're funny, sweet, and wildly entertaining. I love how this series is about thieves. 

I love how Susanna wants more from life than following the rules - she wants adventure. She wants love. She wants what her brother has. 

I felt bad for Gideon - for his hard life and for the choices he had to make. I liked his spirit and his choice in friends.

I love that while Gideon wants to protect her, she doesn't need protection. She's not afraid to stand up for what she believes in.  I love the banter between the two of them.

I adored Beauty - I think she stole some scenes and made me want to give my dog an extra hug or two.

This story is inspired by Tangled - and it's fantastic in every way.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library

Final Thoughts: If you're a historical romance reader and you aren't reading Shana Galen, start! I can't wait for the next book in the series.

No comments: