Saturday, August 23, 2014

Mysterious Saturday Review: Grace Against the Clock

* Book 5 in the Manor House Mystery Series *
The Manor's hosting a fundraiser for the town clock, which desperately needs fixing.  When Dr. Leland Keay disappears right before his keynote speech, Grace knows something is wrong.

When he turns up dead, she believes it wasn't from natural causes. She can't let the matter rest, especially since the crime happened at the manor and on her watch.  Can she uncover the events of that night that will lead her to the truth?
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed that latest installment of this series. I love learning more about the manor and the people who work there - mainly Francis and Bennett. I love how Francis is warming up to Grace.  I liked the moments between Hilary and Grace and how they've been working together restoring her house. I loved the discovery of the secret passageway and learning more about the history of the house (and the town). The attempted sleuthing, uncover details about the house, friendship, and romance certainly make a winning combination.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library

No comments: