Saturday, August 16, 2014

Mysterious Saturday Review: Boiled Over

* Maine Clambake series book 2 - Book 1 Review *
Julia Snowden wants to belong to Busman's Harbor. After leaving for college and then finding a job in New York City, she's always felt like an outsider when she returns home. Now that she's back living in Maine, she decides that something needs to be done. She joins the Founder's Day Committee.

The festival's off to a great start until a body's discovered in the clam bake oven.

One of Julia's workers was seen fleeing the scene. N one can find him. Julia was so desperate to hire someone, she failed to complete the proper background check. As a result, they know next to nothing about Cabe.

Julia refuses to believe that Cabe murdered someone. The more she digs into his background, the more questions arise. 
My Thoughts: The second book in the series doesn't disappoint. I love the setting - it's both beautiful and believable with the small town charm and also the gossip grapevine.  I like how there are lots of secrets and the town protects their own. Plus, everyone has an opinion about your life.  I love the food - you can almost smell the goodies; it makes my mouth water. I love the plot twists. I appreciate how Julia's trying to become part of the community. Mystery blends with the romance, making me anxious for the next book in the series.

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: my Library