Monday, May 5, 2014

Review: To All The Boys I've Loved Before

When Lara Jean falls out of love with a boy, she write him a letter. She has no intention of ever mailing them, the letters are for her.  Then something happens and five letters are mailed. 1 is returned address unknown, 1 boy moved away, 1 is an old friend, 1 is an old crush, and the last is to her sister's ex-boyfriend.

Josh is the boy next door and they've been friends for ages. Lora Jean had a crush on him that ended when he kissed Margot.

Margot and Josh broke up right before she left for college. Nothing is the same without her sister, but Lara Jean knows that nothing can ever happen between her and Josh - which is why she decides to fake date one of the boys who got her letter. He has his own relationship drama. Plus if you're fake dating than nothing can go wrong.
My Thoughts: I DEVOURED this book, loving it so much. At the end of the book, I realized that it reminded me of a modern day Little Women. I loved the relationship between the sisters - the close fighting, the loyalty, and the sweetness. Since their mother died, the girls have become even closer and have stepped up to pitch in more around the house. I love the moments of household chores that fail - they're entertaining. Their father tries really hard and although he's busy, he makes time for this daughters. It still isn't the same for the girls, who at times need a mother figure. I loved the fake relationship and how it brought Lara Jean out of her comfort zone. I can't wait to read more about her relationship and her time with her sisters.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library.

No comments: