Saturday, May 24, 2014

Mysterious Saturday Review: Bran New Death

* First in a new series *

Do to a falling out in her job, Merry decides to let go of her apartment in New York City and head upstate to her inherited property. Merry hoped the castle would sell, but now she's glad she has somewhere to go and escape all the drama.

The castle's much bigger that Merry imagined and it comes with trouble attached. After being awakened in the night, Merry discovers a dead body on her property. While she spies someone fleeing into the woods, it's not exactly an alibi. Plus, as a new addition to the community, Merry can't be sure the police don't consider her a suspect.

As she finds her way around town and meeting people, it doesn't hurt to ask a few questions. It becomes clear to her that something much bigger is happening and that it could also involve the death of her uncle. 
My Thoughts: I love Wynter castle and I'm so glad that Merry came to check out the property. It has so much potential - I can't wait to see how she fixes it up.  I liked the baking of muffins - savory and sweet. It made my mouth water. I liked the small town - as usual, gossip spreads like wildfire.  I enjoyed meeting the quirky townspeople with Merry and trying to figure them out. A fun cast of secondary characters - I really liked Shilo (and her bunny), Binny and her shop, Lizzie, and Pish - I think he's going to be funny, but a handful.  A Great start to a new series.

Cover Thoughts: Perfect
Source: My Library

No comments: