Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tween Tuesday Review: Frosting and Friendship

Lily's been invited to join a mother-daughter book club with her new friends Sophie. She's really excited about it until the first meeting where the club decides to name themselves the Baking Bookworms. Neither Lily nor her mother can bake.

Soon she's asked to host Sophie's surprise birthday party and she's asked to create a delicious dessert - one worthy of the occasion.  Lily's worried sick about her baking abilities - so much so that it's starting to effect the other parts of her life.  Can she pull off this party while remaining true to herself?
My Thoughts: I really like this sweet series - for the baking conversations, the new friendships, and for the girls discovering themselves. I felt bad for Lily as she tried baking, but I couldn't help but laugh over her mistakes. I also felt bad for her position with the band members. I'm sad this is the last companion novels about these three girls. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library

No comments: