Monday, March 17, 2014

Review: NIL

Charley goes to Target one day and finds herself melting in the parking lot. She wakes up in a rock field - without her clothes.

With no one in sights, she does her best to survive on an island. She builds shelter, finds something to eat, and passes the time. Twelve days later, she sees two guys. Thad and Jason bring her to the city.

Thad becomes her island guide, explaining the rules of NIL. You get 365 days to get off the island from on of the dates. Everyone counts their days. You must contribute something to society while waiting for your turn to go hunting gates.

As Thad shows Charley around, their feelings for each other starts to grow. Can love last on the island?

My Thoughts: I really liked this one, it reminded me of LOST - but with a way off the island. I liked the beauty of the island. I loved how Charley thought about the island as a whole and attempted to figure out it's secrets. A wonderful debut novel with a great visual scene, action, danger, betrayal, friendship, and romance. I can see this one going out a lot in my library. 

Cover Thoughts: Great
Source: ARC for review

No comments: