Saturday, March 15, 2014

Mysterious Saturday Review: Buttoned Up

* Button Box Mystery Series #4 *

Not only has Josie been invited to an art exhibit featuring artist  Forbis Parmenter, but she has the final button to complete the art show. When the finale starts, something scares Forbis and he exits the gallery showing immediately. 

Hours later, he turns up dead with buttons in his eyes and mouth. Once again Nev, asks her for help in solving the murder. In order to do that, she might have to enlist the help of the woman she just met, Evangeline, who also happens to be Nev's former finacee. 

Since Josie didn't know a thing about her, she's having a hard time coming to terms with the news. Can she and Nev work together to solve this case or will their personal troubles get in the way?

My Thoughts: I really enjoy this series. I felt bad for Josie when she learned about Evangeline - who clearly wouldn't mind getting back together with Nev. I loved the idea of the Forbi's art work - using buttons as the focal point. I would love to see a button landscape. I liked how this one focused on art and the art world. Another great installment in this cozy series. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: my Library

No comments: