Saturday, March 1, 2014

Mysterious Saturday Review: All Fudged Up

Allie's Grandfather died, leaving her the family business - a hotel and fudge shop. She needs to overhaul the hotel, but the renovations come to halt when she finds a dead body in her utility closet.

The man's identified as an enemy of her grandfather's (they had a long running history of pranking each other), leaving Allie as a suspect.  Now the town's taking sides and Allie's working hard to get to hotel ready in time - but things have a way of popping up making it difficult for her.

Will she get the hotel up and running on time and solve a murder before this small knit community runs her out of town?
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this debut cozy series. I loved the fudge making and the idea of "adult" fudge. I enjoyed meeting the meeting in the small town -where everyone knows you and everyone has an opinion. I liked exploring the hotel and seeing the secrets hidden away. I really liked Allie for her determination and strength. I liked Jen - she plans awesome parties. I loved the open house idea and how it all came together. The secondary characters were fun and quirky. I'm so looking forward to the next book in the series!

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: my Library
Book 2 comes out early September.

No comments: