Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tween Tuesday Review: Hide and Seek

 * sequel to Capture the Flag *

José, Anna, and Henry are now junior members of the secret Silver Jaguar Society. After a special ceremony, the three get a special look an at gold exhibit from Central America - including the famous Jaguar Cup.

Their parents realize that the cup on display is not the real deal and immediately, everyone flies to Costa Rica looking for answers. José, Anna, and Henry are left with friends at a resort while the parents attempt to trace the cup's last steps. 

Unhappy at being left behind, the kids come up with their own theories. They befriend the owner's daughter - Sophie. She shows them trails and bits of wildlife. They're amazed by it all - and a little scared. Soon, José starts feeling left out from secrets. He starts investigating on his own. What he finds could endanger him. Can he solve the mystery of the missing cup?
My Thoughts: I loved hanging out again with these four kids - they're smart, resourceful, and determined. I love how they're kind of nerdy and each have their own love: Harry Potter, video games, and writing for the school newspaper. I felt all the action and danger. I don't' know much about the jungle or Central America, so I loved spending time in the jungle learning - I found myself there with the four friends - and I really liked Kate Messner's author note. A wonderful read that makes me wanting the next book in the series.

Cover Thoughts: Fantastic
Source: My library

* Perfect for fans of the 39 Clues series

1 comment:

Jill the OWL said...

I've seen this book at the book store several times and thought about getting it. Now I think I will for sure. I'm wondering if it would be a fun read aloud for my 5th or 6th graders. thanks!