Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Tween Tuesday Review: Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit

Randi Rhodes is moving out of Brooklyn - where she keeps the neighborhood safe solving crimes. She borrowed her detective name from her Dad's books - Gleen Street. Her dad used to write amazing detective novels, but he hasn't written since her mom died. Now they're moving to the place they spent all their summers, except for last summer. Randi isn't excited about moving.

When she gets there, the town's excited about the 200th anniversary. They're going to unveil a time capsule and have a ceremony where rumor has it, the President will open the historical box.  During the unveiling process, one of the towns people lets out a skunk. When the chaos dies down - the time capsule is no longer there.

Randi decides that tracking down the time capsule will be her first job in this new town. It doesn't hurt that her new friend D.C. has a personal interest in recovering the historical artifacts.  Can they recover it before the mayor calls off the ceremony?
My Thoughts: I heard Octavia Spencer speak at BEA and since then I've wanted to read this book. I really liked it. I liked the relationship between Randi and her father - even though it bothered Randi most of the time. I liked the small town and learning more about the history. Everyone knew everything about everyone, which helped Randi learn more about her suspects. I really liked the old haunted house. I can't wait to see which case the detectives take on next. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: Library

No comments: