Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tween Tuesday Review: Sprinkles and Secrets

 * Companion novel to It's Raining Cupcakes *

Sophie and Isabel are best friends, but right now Isabel's in New York City and Sophie's feeling down. Her mother surprises her with tickets to see Wicked.

More than anything, Sophie wants to act. Her dream finally has a chance of coming true when a friend from camp calls with good news. Her mother saw Sophie's acting and wants to represent her.

Sophie's over the moon, until she learns her first audition is for a bakery  - the main competitor of Isabel's family business. Sophie's torn between loyalty to her best friend and her dreams. Which will she choose? It seems everyone has a different piece of advice for her.
My Thoughts: I really liked this sweet tale filled with friendship, Dreams, and sweets. I loved the mention of sweets throughout the book; it made me want to bake. I felt bad for Sophie and the choice she had to make. I loved Dennis and his moments with Sophie. I love that they were a little nerdy. I loved how Sophie wasn't afraid to dream big - or admit the truth. A very fun read.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library

No comments: