Saturday, September 14, 2013

Mysterious Saturday Review: Panic Button

 * Book 3 in the series *

Josie loved looking at the vintage Victorian charm string - with one thousand buttons. A costumer wanted it appraised before she donates it to a museum. Josie wouldn't mind purchasing the unique item, however the owner believes that the charm string is cursed.

She wants to get it out of her life once and for all. It's brought her nothing but bad luck since she inherited it.

After the woman picks up the charm string after the appraisal, someone murders her in the alley outside the button shop.  The charm string appears to be the murder weapon. Buttons are strewn all over the area.

Detective Nev asks Josie to help look into the murder. Luckily, Josie took excellent notes for her work. She's able to determine two buttons are missing from the collection. Could either of those buttons be valuable enough for murder? 
My Thoughts: I love this series and I love learning little tidbits about buttons along the way. I love the inclusion of the vintage charm string. I love Josie's shop; it sounds perfect. I like how Josie went to Angela's town - looking for clues and learning about the people of the town. The town sounded charming at first, until it's secrets are revealed. The towns people knew almost everything about each other since it's a small town, but some of them had ugly secrets. I enjoyed the romantic moments between Josie and Nev. I love Stan and how he helps out in the investigation and protects Josie. A charming addition to the series that leaves me waiting for the next installment.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library

No comments: