Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Kids Review: Amelia Bedelia Means Business

 * First book in a new series *

When Suzanne shows up on the last day of school with a brand new bike, Amelia Bedelia has bike envy.

When she talks about the new bike at dinner, her parents come up with an idea. They will pay for the half of the bike, if Amelia Bedelia can pay for the other half. After a handshake and a hug, Amelia Bedelia gets to work.

She finds a job at a dinner - working as a waitress in training. Only that doesn't turn out so well. She tries a lemonade stand, but that doesn't work either. With all the lemons leftover, she starts baking tarts...and that doesn't turnout quite as expected.
My Thoughts: I've always loved Amelia Bedelia and her literal ways. She's been a favorite of mine since childhood and I love seeing her as a kid. She still makes laugh. I'm happy that new readers are discovering her! A fun start to a new series.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library


No comments: