Thursday, November 15, 2012

Holiday Review Thursday: A Gift from Tiffany's



Now that's it's snowed, it's officially time to read and review holiday books! They will range from picture book to teen books to adult romances.

In New York for the holidays, two couples' world collide in the blink of an eye.  Ethan and his young daughter purchase an engagement ring for his girlfriend. Gary buys his girlfriend a charm bracelet. 

Outside the store, Ethan witnesses a car incident, where a taxi knocks down Gary. He helps the man with medical attention while instructing his daughter to pick up his packages. 

On Christmas, Ethan has a surprise when Vanessa opens a charm bracelet and not the ring he intended. He attempts to rectify the situation, but Gary's in a coma. He's forced to return to London before the matter is settled, but he's not giving up. He's determined to get his diamond back.
My Thoughts: I picked this book specifically because of the cover. I loved the beginning, but then the book took an unexpected turn. I assumed that book's setting would remain in New York, but the couples returned to London and Ireland. After the setting change, I lost a little interest in the book.  
I felt mixed between the characters. I really liked Ethan. I understood his frustration. He had a great heart, which made me root for him. His daughter Daisy was simply adorable. I hated the character of Gary - he was self-absorbed, selfish, and cruel.  The more I saw of him, the more I didn't like. I really liked Rachel and felt bad for her throughout the book. I wasn't crazy about her best friend, either. She kept such a huge secret from her friend. It's hard for me to overlook lies and betrayals. 
I had a hard time with the ending. It wasn't what I expected at all and it threw me for a loop. All of that combined didn't stop me from finishing it, I had to know what happened. So, while it was good, it wasn't what I expected.  I wanted to love this book, but it's not one of my favorite holiday romances.

Cover Thoughts: Perfect
Source: My Library.

No comments: