Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Books To Get In The Halloween Spirit - a meme from The Broke and Bookish



I don't usually read books to get into the Halloween spirit as I hate being scared. I don't watch creepy movies. I don't visit haunted houses. I don't like the feeling of jumping at every sound the house makes when I'm reading something that makes my heart beat faster. I fully admit to putting some books down to read in the daylight. That said, I do like mysteries and thrillers. Here's some of my favorites in no particular order.

Wait til Helen Comes: This was one of my favorite books when I was younger. It was super creepy, but I LOVED it. I think I read other ghost stories at that age, but nothing stood out like this one!



The Witches: Another book from my childhood. I read my copy until it fell apart.



Mediator series: One girl can see ghosts - most of the time she helps them or kicks their butts to make them cross over - except for that one dreamy boy. 



Killer Pizza: Monsters and pizza - the perfect combination



Prophecy of Sisters: Twins but on the opposite side of good and evil.



The Hollow: A girl meets boy - boy seems very mysterious.



Ghost Huntress series: These books definitely have their scary moments, but there's also sweet moments.



Dark Dreams: A biography of Stephen King



Clarity: One girl can see the past from objects she touches. Can she help solve the murder in town with her gifts?



Kingdom Keepers: Disney villains come to life and want to take over the park and then world.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Mediator is my kind of Halloween book! Good pick!

-Mary
http://mysistersbookshelf.com

Somewhere Only We Know said...

I haven't read any of these, but I haven't read too many creepy books.

Check out my TTT.

Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

Milda Harris said...

Loved Wait Til Helen Comes as a kid! And, I totally forgot about The Mediator! Love Meg Cabot!

Milda Harris said...

Loved Wait Til Helen Comes too! And, the Mediator is a great book! Meg Cabot rocks!